The information on this page may also be repeated in the page for the relevant product. For a particular product see the product index first.
All of the Arduino libraries should now be up to date (Version 1.01), please report any errors. Here is a zipped archive of the 022 Library
If a device is not listed here it may well have a library in the product information so check there as well. If no library can be found then email me.
- Bserial Arduino version 1.01 Similar to the NewSofSerial Library but without the sophistication
- SV3 Library Arduino version 1.01 Required for all SV3 serial type devices
- ASI Library Arduino version 1.01 Required for all ASI serial type devices
- VT100 (Arduino version 1.01 ) is an old standard used for manipulating text and the cursor for display devices. It uses the escape key followed by a series of text commands which in turn potion the cursor and erase text etc. It is simple to understand and lends itself nicely to controlling all manor of devices.
- I2C Library - Arduino version 1.01 Common commands used by most ByVac I2C devices
- BV4108 - Arduino version 1.01 Product replaced by BV4618 to BV4619 or P017/8
- BV4205 - Arduino version 1.01 Product replaced by P011/2
- BV4208 - Arduino version 1.01 Product replaced by P017/8
- BV4236 - Arduino version 1.01 No longer available
- BV4501 - Arduino version 1.01 Replaced with the BV4601
- BV4505 - Arduino version 1.01 No longer available
- BV4506 - Arduino version 1.01 No longer available
- BV4513 - Arduino version 1.01 Replaced with the BV4614
- BV4618 - Updated to 1.01 The BV4618 has two libraries one for Serial and the other for I2C.
VT100 Type Devices
The VT100 devices are the most simple to use. Any serial library will do but there is a buffered library that is also used for other BV devices and so for this section that will be used. The most important part to get right is to send byte value 13 to establish the baud rate before sending anything else. This can be done with putch(13).
Just one example is given as all of the devices follow the same protocol. This is for the BV4308, the only difference being is the commands may be different.
Devices that use the VT100 Library
Now updated for Arduino version 1.01
BV4308 - Product replaced by BV4618 to BV4619 or P017/8
BV4511 - Product replaced by BV4611
BV4613 - 192 x 64 Graphic controller
BV4615 - No longer available
BV4618 - More complex LCD controller with the addition of a 16 way keypad interface
BV4622 - No longer available
BV4626 - Multi-I/O with relays
BV4627 - 8 way relay board There is a library for v0.22 and version 1.01 in the products section under BV4627
BV4629 - No longer available
All of these devices can be controlled from the Arduino using a simple serial interface, they all have TX and RX lines and so can be connected to the Arduino's soft serial port.
ASI and SV3 Type Devices
The ASI protocol allows for more then one device to be connected to the serial bus at any one time as each ASI device has its own user settable address.
Devices that use the ASI Library
Devices that use the SV3 Library
I2C Type Devices
Most I2C devices also have a serial interface and so will also be found above. The I2C library is mainly based on Wire.h but with the addition of some commands that are common to most BV devices.