This is a cross reference to other articles that may relate to the RPi and also has articles that are specific to the RPi. Note see the individual product information as there may be details in there of using the device with the Raspberry Pi. Only a small example subset has been shown here.
- Raspberry Pi issues - Some common problems and issues
- Connecting Serial Devices - How to connect a serial device to the Raspberry Pi.
- RPi Serial Troubleshooting Guide - Having problems establishing communications.
- Raspberry Pi and I2C - The RPi cannot detect clock stretching and so the article shows two alternative methods of using I2C devices that need clock stretching.
- Element 14 Quick Start Guide
- Broadcom Peripherals specification sheet
- Very comprehensive information about the UART
- Rpi Forum Beginner level discussion about interfacing serial and Rpi
The following devices have been tested with the Raspberry Pi and also have some Python software as an example.
- BV212 - Multi-purpose I/O with relays specifically for the RPi
- BV4111 - Serial relay controller and timer for up to 8 relays tested on RPi
- BV4112 - Serial microstepping and DC motor controller tested on RPi
- BV4205 - I2C ADC
- BV4206 - I2C General Purpose I/O
- BV4208 - I2C LCD Display Driver
- BV4613 - I2C Interface of the BV4613 192x64 Graphics display
- BV4626 - Multi I/O and relays
- BV4618 - Serial & I2C LCD display controller with keypad interface
The following will not work with the I2C interface
- BV4513 - LED 7 Segment Display - The I2C interface will not work but the serial interface will. This device has now been replaced with the BV4614.